FUNDRAISE TO RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION AND AWESOME PRIZES!
Again this year is the opportunity to earn free admission to Touch A Truck plus other great prizes by raising money for the cause - childhood cancer research and clinical trials that are saving kids lives now.
Not only will you help kids with their fight against cancer – your efforts will help spread the word about kid’s cancer.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Buy your tickets online, as usual. We have a limited number of tickets available this year, and you must claim your spot!
- After your ticket transaction is complete, you will be prompted to start a Touch A Truck fundraising page on Crowdrise. You can click here to see our campaign!
- If you have more than one kid and want to earn free tickets for each one, they each will need a separate fundraising page.
- After you register to fundraise, Crowdrise will walk you through set-up of your page.
- Send emails to friends and family to ask them for donations.
- You can also raise money by hosting a lemonade stand, bake sale, hula hoop toss or ping-ping tournament in your driveway (the ideas are endless!).
- Collect cash donations and make the online donation to your page yourself.
- Once you have reached the $100 mark, we will refund one child and one adult ticket (see #1 above).
As you reach more milestones, you will receive more fun prizes – many of them donated by our sponsors. Our top fundraising individual will be awarded a very special prize (courtesy of the Del Mar Lifeguards) at Touch A Truck for going above and beyond in their effort to help kids fight cancer. Check out the prize tiers below.
FOLLOW THE MONEY
You > Beat Nb > Beat Childhood Cancer > Kids
All of the great people that volunteer their time to make Touch A Truck happen are volunteers.
Sponsors underwrite our operating costs and any leftovers go to the same place as donations, ie, research and clinical trials.
Beat Nb is an extremely efficient 501(c)3 organization. Originally started by and funded by parents of children who had or still have Neuroblastoma, they didn't care about making a dime from their fundraising efforts, they wanted to save their kids. Some did, some didn't. They stayed in, regardless of the outcome. Most have spent tens of thousands of their own money in the continuation of this quest to save kids from cancer.
When the money goes from Beat Nb to Beat Childhood Cancer, it is also appropriately stewarded. Thanks to the generosity of benefactors affiliated with Helen DeVos Children's Hospital where Beath Childhood Cancer is headquartered, all salaries and lab space are paid for.
Therefore, the money raised at Touch A Truck San Diego goes directly towards, not salaries, not overhead, not offices and lab space, but towards paying for specific research and clinical trial operations that do not need to be paid for by patients and their families!